I have a gorilla bucket in the back of my car with my SUP ‘stuff’ in. It has my most needed SUP bits in one place – super handy! If I am going on a sporadic paddle, need to catch the tide or be ready quickly, I can grab it and go!
So here’s a list of the ‘stuff’ that’s in my sup bucket you might want to consider getting yourself with links to each item!
- Wetsuit – Sometimes I will wear a wetsuit instead of my Cag and Dry trousers, so this stays in my bucket!
- Wetsuit boots – Essential for SUP in winter, you don’t want to forget these!
- Waterproof gloves – Having warm hands makes all the difference!
- Waist Belt PFD – I mainly use this in summer on the sea but there are still times I use this rather than my other Buoyancy Aid so it stays in my bucket
- Buoyancy Aid – Never go out without a buoyancy aid on, it can save your life!
- Waterproof Phone Case – Wonder why you need a waterproof phone case? Listen to this.
- Dry Trousers: These keep me dry on my winter paddles, especially when I have to wade through shallow water before jumping on my board, love them, beats have slightly soggy wetsuit bottoms!
- Cag with latex seals – My new favourite jacket, it’s semi dry with latex seals at the wrists, keeps me lovely and warm!
- Waterproof Jacket – In the warmer months when I am just in leggings, i’ll usually pack a lightweight waterproof jacket in case it rains
- Neoprene Jacket – Great for when the sea temperature is still ‘warm’ but the air temperature is getting colder, I wear this a lot in early autumn
- Wetsuit Leggings – Great for Spring through to autumn keeping you warm in the evenings or early mornings
- Wooly Hat – Essential for those winter paddles to keep my head warm!
- Thermals (top and bottom) – I’ll always have some spare base layers in my bucket to layer up with under my dry gear
- Dry Robe – Essential for getting changed and/or winter swims!
- Water bottle – I always try and make sure I have fluids, whether that’s water in the summer or hot chocolate in the winter!
- Dry Bag – Really handy to take food in, spare change of clothes, wallet, keys, phone etc!
- Sub Scrub – To scrub down the sand and mud once I have finished my paddles to keep my board looking swanky!
What’s in your SUP Bucket?!